Welcome to IBCarb
IBCarb is a growing network of glycoscientists from academia and industry. Our aim is to establish the UK as the partner of choice for glycobiotechnology. IBCarb (Glycoscience Tools for Biotechnology and Bioenergy) is one of 13 Networks in Industrial Biotechnology and Bioenergy which have been funded by the BBSRC.
We will facilitate the formation of academic-industry partnerships through a number of meetings and network events, which will be open to all members of the IBCarb network, as well as members of the broader science community.
***Looking for collaborators?*** Log in to the members area and check our directory!
IBCarb will establish the UK as the partner of choice for glycobiotechnology. Our objectives are to:
- Form a network of glycoscientists from academia and industry
- Develop genomic, systems and synthetic biology tools
- Establish and refine the key glycoscience challenges in IBBE
- Engage with stakeholders from industry, academia, public bodies and society at large
- Expand the glycoscience grant portfolio and secure additional funding from RCUK and the EU
- Interact with other NIBBs
- Shape UK and EU policy