Applications are invited from talented and passionate scientists for a position leading Cambridge
Glycoscience’s synthetic biology R&D programme.
Cambridge Glycoscience is a food technology start-up. Our mission is to tackle the greatest public health crisis of modern times – excessive sugar consumption. We do this by creating functional, nutritional, and economic for sugar that function across the food industry, using cutting edge synthetic biology approaches. We operate across the value chain from lab bench and industrial production all the way to the kitchen and consumers. We have strong connections to the University of Cambridge’s Biochemistry Department.
As a team, we are committed to working together to positively impact the food system and public health. We enjoy solving complex problems, thinking around corners and bouncing forwards through learning. Most of all we care about each other and the mission we’re on together. We believe that a great workplace is one in which smart passionate people join around shared interests to collectively make shared impact. Technical experience in all the areas outlined below are less important than general intelligence, passion and desire to be part of our mission.
The primary purpose of this position is to support and develop the biochemical science behind Cambridge Glycoscience’s core sugar substitute technology. This is primarily a laboratory-based position, with work focusing on genetic engineering of microbial (bacterial, yeast and fungal) systems, protein engineering and wet biochemistry. Successful candidates will contribute intellectually to the development of Cambridge Glycoscience’s growing patent portfolio.
This is a great opportunity to join a groundbreaking company at the start of a growth period. It is also a great opportunity to lead the development of a core part of the business’ function. Candidates should also expect to experience and contribute to a range of functions across the company.
The role is based in central Cambridge, UK. Prefered start ASAP.
What we’re looking for
● hold a PhD in biochemistry, molecular biology, synthetic biology, or some other related field.
● have experience with prokaryotic/eukaryotic genetic engineering, enzyme engineering, general
molecular biology and/or wet biochemistry.
● be motivated by the opportunity to help solve one of the world’s biggest public health problems.
● be able to troubleshoot with wet biochemistry and molecular biology protocols and think on their feet to
tackle problems as they arise.
● be able to perform different roles across the company as and when needed.
Candidates will be remunerated at competitive rates in the range £30-38k depending on experience. Also includes equity-based remuneration.
Other benefits include
● Working on world-changing technology with leaders in the field
● Dynamic, innovative, passionate and entrepreneurial team
● Inclusive company culture
● Additional employee benefits
● Personal (skills-enhancement/training/education) and career development opportunities
Interested applicants should apply through our google form https://bit.ly/2MdWs9A
Queries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org