Today, not only large investors can invest in biotechnologies in the United States, but also individuals who have even small available funds. For example, there are people who are engaged in investing even if they have not enough free funds, they issue online payday loans Ohio and earn much bigger than they have issued through online referral services. Besides, the issuaing procedure doesn’t require much as you may undergo the application procedure within several minutes even if you are the first applicant.
Why they invest in biotenchologies? The answer is simple: the choice of investment tools and directions is quite wide.
What is the difference between Investments in biotechnologies and healthare companies?
The main ideas of investing in biotechnologies and healthcare companies are different phenomena. They have various valuation methods and characteristics. Such invensting options provide different effects on the investor’s expenses and income. Despite this, there is a zone where they interact closely with each other.
A biotechnological company is characterized as a startup with high risks and profitability potential. Capitalization growth in this area is a very rare phenomenon, but the potential income fully justifies the high probability of failure.
The medical business is more predictable and stable, so the dividends of medical and pharmaceutical companies make up a significant part of the investor’s income, although their size is usually lower than in the biotechnology sector.
Versed investors utilize different options for estimating the prospects of medical and biotech business. In the first case, the standard indicators of joint-stock companies are evaluated, namely their total profitability, P/E indicators, dividend income, etc. In the second case, it is important to assess the probability of startup success, potential future income and capitalization growth.
Sometimes biotechnology companies work with no or even at a loss of profit for several years. The fact is that very often they invest all the earned funds in research and development. That is why such companies are constantly in need of investments and are associated with venture funds and stock markets. Investors take risks consciously, because they believe in the idea and that its implementation will bring significant profits in the future.
Promising biotechnologies of the future for investors
Among the most promising areas it is worth highlighting:
- Bioinformatics. It includes the areas of analysis of genetic sequences, genome labeling, assessment of biological diversity, etc. DNA analysis and decoding enable humanity to fight more than 6,000 types of hereditary diseases. The development of this direction is impossible without Big Data technologies. In addition, bioinformatics is considered one of the most sought-after professions of the future, which also attracts the attention of investors.
- Targeted drug delivery. The goal of scientists is to learn how to deliver drugs to sick cells of the body, bypassing healthy ones. New discoveries are constantly emerging in this direction, US scientists are working on targeted delivery of medicines on a par with Western ones.
- The sphere of biotechnical drugs’ creation. US scientists often present their achievements in the creation of biotechnological drugs at large-scale international events.
- Tissue and organ cultivation, 3D printing. These are rapidly developing areas, and today there are already patients who have had body parts, bones, internal organs and tissues restored using bioengineering technologies. Human own cells are used for cultivation, thereby significantly reducing the level of their rejection by the body.
- Diagnostic and screening systems. It is impossible to imagine medicine without them. This field of biotechnology is also actively developing, since the level of error in diagnosis is still unacceptably high. Diagnostic errors often lead to incorrect treatment of patients and even their death. Currently, micro sensors are being actively developed, which are implanted under the skin and collect data on the work of the human body from the inside.
Biotech companies in Oregon, US to invest
Oregon Bioscience Association
2828 S Corbett Ave UNIT 115, Portland, OR 97201, USA
Portland State University’s business accelerator
2828 S Corbett Ave, Portland, OR 97201, USA
Oregon Health & Science University
3181 Southwest Sam Jackson Park Road Portland, OR 97239
4625 NE Brookwood Pkwy, Hillsboro, OR 97124, USA
Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO)
1201 Maryland Avenue, SW Suite 900. Washington, DC 20024 (headquarter not in OR)
The Advanced Medical Technology Association
1301 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Suite 400. Washington, D.C. 20004 (headquarter not in OR)